RISE Travel LLC
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RISE Sponsored Event Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions apply to all RISE Travel LLC Bus/Train/Airplane travel.
"Transportation Services" means the transportation pursuant to the Itinerary and related services, as requested and contracted for by the Chartering Party under this contract.
"Chartering Party" means the customer requesting and contracting for transportation, lodging and related services.
A "Passenger" is an individual transported by the Service Provider under this contract.
The "Service Provider" means the third party independent bus, coach, limo or other transportation
operator or lodging vendor directly arranged by RISE Travel LLC for the Chartering Party to provide
the Transportation Services.
"Date of Service" means the first date of service or movement in the Itinerary.
The "Service Contract" means the legal agreement between the Chartering Party and RISE Travel LLC with respect to the Transportation and lodging Services to be provided by the Service Provider, including
these Terms and Conditions, the cost and other financial terms and all other relevant information such as the number of Passengers, Date of Service, as referenced by this agreement and the specific itinerary for the event.
"Equipment" means the vehicle(s) and/or lodging to be used to carry out the Service Order.
BOOKINGS, FARES, AND REFUND POLICY:
- All bookings provide round trip (or one way) transportation on a bus from the reserved departure city to the destination city.
- All one-way or round-trip bookings for travel are fully refundable within 72 hours of purchase. After 72 hours, the ticket becomes non-refundable. We highly recommend travel insurance for all trips.
- If the departure is within 72 hours of purchase, then all purchases are considered immediately non-refundable.
- Travel insurance must be purchased within 10 days of the initial payment.
- All bookings are tentative until confirmed by RISE Travel via email. Trips that have reached their minimum threshold still require approval by RISE Travel before confirmation.
- RISE Travel’s refund policy only applies to tickets purchased for travel to or from an event and do not apply to event tickets which are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All bookings must be made online or on the phone. All payments must be made using a valid credit card or PayPal (please refer to PayPal’s terms and conditions) No cash or checks will be accepted.
- Tickets are transferable up until time of travel but passenger must contact RISE Travel to provide new passenger details.
- RISE Travel will depart at its regularly scheduled time. It is a passenger’s responsibility to board the bus at a designated time. Under no circumstance will RISE Travel be responsible or liable for any passenger that does not board the bus before departure.
- While RISE Travel strives to offer competitive rates, all fares are based on departure city, destination, date and time of booking. Not all fares are eligible for discounts. Fares may be subject to additional charges.
- A valid photo I.D. is required to board the bus.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND DISRUPTIONS TO SERVICE
- RISE Travel reserves the right to cancel or modify any schedule at its sole discretion. When possible, RISE Travel will provide advance notice of cancellation or modification.
- RISE Travel will not be responsible for delays caused by breakdowns, accidents, road conditions, weather or any other conditions beyond the carrier’s control, including strikes, or cancellation to due low demand for a particular route.
- RISE Travel will not will not issue any refunds for trips canceled due to weather conditions or other "acts of God".
- RISE Travel does not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any specific point at a particular time.
- RISE Travel reserves the right to transfer passengers from one bus to another, en route.
- RISE Travel utilizes third-party operators for transportation to and from events, and reserves the right to change operators at any time.
THIRD PARTY EVENTS
- As an additional service, RISE Travel sometimes offers event tickets through our website. These event tickets are offered directly from a third-party or venue and additional fees, including a transaction may be associated with the purchase.
- We are not responsible for event cancellations, delays and/or postponements due to weather conditions or any other conditions.
- Under no circumstances, will RISE Travel refund event tickets.
- If an event has an inexact end time, the bus will attempt to stay until the official end time of the event whenever possible. In the event that state and/or federal regulations limit driver on-duty time, RISE Travel reserves the right to depart early from an event or venue to be in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
MINORS AND PASSENGERS UNDER TWENTY-ONE (21).
- The minimum age to ride the bus/train/airplane is eighteen (18) unless accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or qualified chaperone. Proof of age and an additional parental release may be required.
- Using a credit or debit card to reserve for minors under the age of eighteen (18), is deemed as the cardholder giving consent to travel with RISE Travel under all the terms herein.
- If it is determined, at any time, that any minor(s) or underage passenger(s) possess or have consumed alcohol or an illegal substance, RISE Travel reserves the right to remove such passenger (and the accompanying parent/guardian or chaperone) and/or a parent or guardian will be required to pick up the minor.
- Under no circumstances does RISE Travel assume any liability for underage drinking or removal of passengers who have violated the above rules, on its charter buses.
PASSENGER CONDUCT, PERSONAL PROPERTY & MISCELLANEOUS RULES
- Passengers are liable for any damage or clean-up fees caused by his or her actions including but not limited to damage to windows, seats, audio visual equipment, lavatories.
- RISE Travel is not liable for any personal injuries caused by a passenger’s negligence or recklessness towards himself, herself or others.
- RISE Trvel is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items or baggage left on the bus/train/airplane or brought onto or off the bus/train/airplane.
- Passengers are responsible for placing bags into the baggage bin and retrieving it at their destination.
- RISE Travel does not allow transportation of weapons of any kind or any material that would be classified by the Department of Transportation (DOT) as a hazardous material. (Acids, ammunition, explosives, firearms or all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, hazardous materials, poisons, radioactive materials, etc.)
- If a passenger mistakenly leaves something on the bus, RISE Travel can often direct the passenger to the bus operator’s lost and found.
- RISE Travel is not liable for any damages to persons or personal property in parking lots, and cannot guarantee that there will be any parking available for riders at designated pickup locations. RISE Travel will choose locations where it is safe to board and un-board passengers, it is the rider’s responsibility to make sure they are parking in a suitable place. There may be limited or no parking, so riders should be dropped off by a family member or friend, carpool, or take taxis/public transit.
- Smoking is prohibited aboard the bus/train/airplane, in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Vaping is also prohibited aboard the bus/train/airplane.
- Dogs, cats, bird or other animals will not be transported. A service animal will be permitted to travel with a passenger at no additional charge.
- Not all buses are wheelchair accessible. Please contact RISE Travel for specific information regarding accessibility.
- Alcohol consumption is permitted on most buses, unless otherwise noted, Under no circumstances is underage consumption of alcohol permitted on RISE Travel buses. RISE Travel reserves the right to remove passengers who do not comply with underage drinking regulations.
- RISE Travel reserves the right to refuse transportation to a passenger who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, poses a threat or danger to other passengers, refuses to permit a search of his or her person or property for weapons, who fails to provide valid photo identification upon request, or who refuses to comply with any lawful rule or regulation. Such persons may be removed from the bus, along route, without any liability to RISE Travel. No refunds will be issued to passengers removed.
- RISE Travel reserves full control and discretion to assign or change seating of passengers at any time, during the trip, for any lawful reason.
- RISE Travel is committed to supporting community mobility, and as part of this from time to time we would love to be able to take a photo of our riders for us to use to promote traveling with RISE Travel in our marketing channels. We’ll always announce our desire to take a photo, and only do so with your permission. If for any reason though you or any of the people you book seats for had your photo taken and do not wish for us to use it please let us know and we’ll delete the photo.
PRIVATE EVENT PAYMENT
(a.) Full payment for the Transportation Services and lodging is due and payable on the earlier of thirty (30) days in advance of the Date of Service or at time of booking, unless a date is otherwise provided in the Service Contract. The Service Contract may also require a non-refundable deposit as set forth in the quote.
(b.) Cash Payment may be made by check or wire transfer.
Payment by check must be received no later than ten (10) business days prior to the final due date.
Non cash payments may be made by credit card, debit card. When making payment please indicate the name of your event, date of service to insure proper credit.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES: When, at the request of the Chartering Party, any change in Itinerary or other element of Transportation Services is made (such as an increase in miles or hours to that specified in this contract), an additional charge shall be made for such additional services.
Where the Chartering Party requests the right to consume alcohol during the Transportation Services, an additional alcohol deposit will be required.
Alcohol and other security deposits may vary. The Chartering Party will also be responsible for payment of all tolls, highway fees, parking fees and other similar out-of-pocket expenses incurred in connection with the Transportation Services These costs and expenses will be billed as separate and additional elements under the Service Contract. RISE Travel LLC will generally attempt to include the full amount of any additional charges that may reasonably be expected to be incurred and incorporate such amounts into this contract; provided, however, that the failure to list any such fees or expenses shall not affect the Chartering Party’s sole responsibility there for.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE: All prices quoted in the contract are subject to change under the circumstances described (a.) If the price of diesel fuel increases by more than twenty percent (20%) between the date of the contract and the date of the charter, RISE Travel LLC may charge a fuel surcharge; (b.) If there is a change in the federal, state or local laws or regulations or market conditions between the date of the contract and the date of the charter service that (i.) Require material modifications be made to the motorcoach chartered equipment under the contract prior to the date of the charter service order; (ii.) Cause RISE Travel LLC to incur material additional or increased expenses in providing the charter services; (c) If, due to market conditions or order discrepancies, the estimated cost of the trip order is higher
than the initial estimate.
EXTENDED TRIPS: If, whether or not previously anticipated, the Transportation Services extend over 24 hours, or any shorter period requiring the driver to take a mandated rest period (See Driver Hours), the Chartering Party is responsible for reserving and paying for reasonable overnight accommodations for each driver. A detailed itinerary for over the road trips is required for at least two (2) weeks prior to the departure date of service and the final itinerary must be received at least one (1) week prior to the Date of Service. Itineraries are subject to review by RISE Travel LLC personnel and the Service Provider. Prices are subject to change based on changes made to the itinerary in the signed contract.
ARRIVAL TIME: The time of arrival at starting point, stop-over point, destination or return to point of origin cannot be guaranteed. Travel routes will be established by the Service Provider and requests for specific routes by the Chartering Party will be at the Service Providers discretion. Travel speed limits are prescribed by law, and Service Providers are instructed to travel at all times at speeds compatible with safe operation. Road, traffic and weather conditions are beyond the control of RISE Travel LLC and the Service Provider, and no refunds shall be given as a result of late arrivals due to such conditions or other occurrences out of the control of RISE Travel LLC or the Service Provider.
DAMAGES TO MODES OF TRANSPORTATION: The Chartering Party is fully responsible for all damage to the equipment or injuries caused to passengers or other third persons caused by any passenger or any baggage, parcels or other property brought on board or transported on the Equipment by any passenger. The cost of repairing damage to Equipment resulting from acts of any passenger shall be charged to the Chartering Party and is to be paid as soon as such cost is determined.
UNUSUAL CLEANING: If, during or after the Transportation Service, the Service Provider is required to expend a greater than normal amount of time and materials cleaning the Equipment properly due to acts of the passengers, RISE Travel LLC, at its option, may require additional cost to cover such additional time and materials.
OBJECTIONABLE PERSONS: RISE Travel LLC and its Service Providers reserve the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, or who are, or are likely to become, objectionable to other persons or if the driver feels threatened in any way.
CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS: Passengers shall not interfere with the operator in the discharge of his/her duty or tamper with any apparatus or appliance on the mode of transportation.
EQUIPMENT: (1) Equipment is to be inspected by the Service Provider before being assigned to the Service Contract to insure uninterrupted service.
If for some reason beyond the control of RISE Travel LLC, a mechanical failure requires the replacement of Equipment, the replacement Equipment may be of a different type, size or age.
(2) Specified Equipment type, size and age is not guaranteed and is only an estimate based on information at time of booking.
RISE Travel LLC and the Service Provider reserve the right to substitute other Equipment sufficient to accommodate the number of passengers specified in this contract and no refunds shall be given as a result of substitute equipment.. Motorcoaches and most other buses manufactured for North American use do not include seat belts because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and other industry experts have found that installing seat belts would not “enhance overall occupant protection.” The Chartering
Party understands and accepts this limitation.
(3) Certain over-the-road motorcoaches have video screens and player for passenger use. Requests for video-equipped coaches must be made on the Service Order and RISE Travel LLC will make reasonable efforts to assign Equipment with such facilities, but RISE Travel LLC cannot guarantee the availability or operation of such video equipment. The Chartering Party is solely responsible for the provision of any and all content to be shown on any such equipment, as well as for any fees, costs or charges in connection with
the display of such content.
The following is important information from a Summary Statement prepared by the Film Security Office of the Motion Picture Association of America Inc. provided for your information: By law, the prerecorded video cassettes and DVDs available in stores throughout the United States are for HOME USE ONLY. The U.S. Copyright Act grants to the copyright owner the EXCLUSIVE right among others, to perform the copyrighted work publicly, (U.S. Code Title 17, Sections 101 and 106). Even performances in semipublic places such as clubs, lodges, factories, summer camps and schools are public performances subject to copyright control.
Companies, organizations and individuals who wish to publicly exhibit copyrighted motion pictures and audiovisual works MUST secure a license to do so. RISE TRAVEL LLC AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE SHOWING OF COPYRIGHTED VIDEOCASSETTES AND DVDs. This requirement applies EQUALLY to profit making organizations and non-profit institutions. Purchases of
prerecorded videocassettes and DVDs for home use may not authorize their use during the Transportation Services. In addition, public performance of videotape recordings made from televised motion pictures may be a multiple copyright infringement.
ADA / SPAB NOTICE: Any group that requires an ADA accessible or SPAB Certified bus and driver is requested to inform RISE Travel LLC in writing at the time of the reservation.
BAGGAGE AND OTHER PROPERTY TRANSPORTED: Neither RISE Travel LLC, nor the Service Provider, assumes any responsibility whatsoever for the handling or maintenance of any baggage, parcels or other
property. Baggage and all other personal property will be handled only at passengers’ own risk. Passengers’ baggage shall be carried subject to the available accommodations (as determined solely by the Service Provider) provided by interior and/or exterior racks. A fifteen percent (15%) luggage handling charge may be applied to airport transfers.
PROHIBITED ITEMS (1)Weapons of any type, including firearms, are strictly forbidden on any Equipment (whether in baggage or on the person) at any time. Transportation of explosives, fireworks and other flammable, combustible, toxic or otherwise dangerous materials or items or pets or livestock of any kind are also strictly forbidden, even if intended to be transported in the baggage compartment of the Equipment.
(2) The following items and activities are prohibited without the written consent of RISE Travel LLC: (i.) Decorations; (ii.) Alcoholic Beverages (a fee, per bus, may be required if alcoholic beverages are allowed by RISE Travel LLC and the Service Provider); (iii.) Smoking; (iv.) Glass containers; (v.) Golf shoes or other shoes with spikes; (vi.) Generators or non medical oxygen containers. Tap beer is not allowed on any bus.
INDEMNIFICATION BY THE CHARTERING PARTY: The Chartering Party shall indemnify and hold harmless RISE Travel LLC and Service Provider, their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, lawsuits, proceedings, liabilities, damages, expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) and/or costs arising out of or related to (i) the negligence of the Chartering Party, (ii) the Chartering Partys material breach of this Agreement or (iii) arising out of or related to an occurrence or accident involving chartered Equipment and/or the transportation of Passengers in such Equipment (including damage to the Equipment and injury to any Passenger or other third person arising from the transportation of any weapon, explosives, fireworks, oxygen or other flammable, combustible, toxic or otherwise dangerous materials or items or pets or livestock by any Passenger).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER RISE TRAVEL LLC, NOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER, SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR RISE TRAVEL LLC OR SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT NEITHER RISE TRAVEL LLC, NOR THE SERVICE PROVIDER, SHALL, UNDER ANY
CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE SINGLE BUS CHARTER FEE FOR THE DAY IN QUESTION.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: RISE Travel LLC, its employees, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, agents and assigns do not own or operate any equipment or Service Provider which provides, or is to provide, services for your trip, including, transportation companies. The Chartering Party (for itself and on behalf of the Passengers) hereby expressly agrees that RISE Travel LLC shall not be responsible in any manner for the acts or failures to act, negligently, willfully or otherwise, of the Service Provider or its employees, agents or representatives. The Chartering Party (for itself and on behalf of the Passengers) also expressly agrees that RISE Travel LLC shall not be liable for any bodily injury or harm, accidents, property damage or personal loss as a result of the Transportation Services provided under the Service Contract. To the fullest extent permitted by law, and notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the Chartering Party and its passengers agree, in consideration for the services provided by RISE Travel LLC, to indemnify and hold RISE Travel LLC harmless from any and all damages, injuries, claims and causes of action, of any type or kind, whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence of RISE Travel LLC, its employees, agents or representatives or the Service Provider or its employees, agents or representatives. The Chartering Party (for itself and on behalf of the Passengers) hereby expressly agrees that if any portion of this contract, including the terms of the Limitation of Liability paragraph or this paragraph, is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions of this contract shall remain in full force and effect.
FORCE MAJEURE: RISE Travel LLC and the Service Provider shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations under the this contract, and neither party shall be deemed in breach of its obligations thereunder, if such failure or delay is due to Acts of God, natural disasters, national, state or local states of emergency, acts of war or terrorism, labor strike or lock-out, or other industrial or transportation accident caused by any third party, any violation of law, regulation or ordinance by any third party or any other cause not within the control of RISE Travel LLC or the Service Provider, respectively.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Terms and Conditions, along with the Order Quotation and other documents constituting this contract, constitute the entire agreement between RISE Travel LLC and the Chartering Party and supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or written with respect to the subject matter hereof. If any provision of this contract shall be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the state of Ohio, United States of America without giving effect to applicable conflict of law provisions. The Chartering Party (for itself and on behalf of the Passengers) consents and submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Franklin County, the state of Ohio, United States of America, in all questions and controversies arising out of this Agreement.
ARBITRATION: In the event a dispute shall arise between the parties to this agreement, it is hereby agreed that the dispute shall be referred to the American Arbitration Association for three-person arbitration in accordance with its applicable Rules of Arbitration. The arbitrators decision shall be final and legally binding and judgment may be entered thereon. Each party shall be responsible for its share of the arbitration fees. In the event a party fails to proceed with arbitration, unsuccessfully challenges the arbitrators award or fails to comply with the arbitrators award, the other party is entitled to costs of suit, including a reasonable attorney’s fee for having to compel arbitration or defend or enforce the award.
NO ASSIGNMENT: THE CHARTERING PARTY MAY NOT ASSIGN THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS, INTERESTS, DUTIES OR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER WITHOUT THE
PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF RISE TRAVEL LLC. RISE TRAVEL LLC MAY ASSIGN THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY OF ITS RIGHTS, INTERESTS, DUTIES OR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER WITHOUT THE
PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE CHARTERING PARTY
ROOM RATE EXPLANATION: We are pleased to confirm the above special rates based upon the arrival and departure dates listed above. Hotel room rates outside of your block may fluctuate. However, it is understood that rates booked within this group block are guaranteed at the negotiated price and based on the terms of signed contract.
Please note that the rates are per room per night. These rooms also subject to all state/local taxes in place, and have been included in the rate above, unless otherwise noted.
CONTRACT RETURN DATE: To guarantee rates quoted, the availability of transportation and/or lodging requested and all other terms of this contract, this contract must be signed and returned to RISE Travel LLC by _____________, or the transportation and/or lodging may be canceled. If the contract is not received by this date the transportation and lodging vendor will remove the group block from their system(s) for general sale to other interested parties.
RESERVATION CUT OFF DATE/CANCELLATION POLICY:
RISE Travel Cancelation Policy:
RISE Travel LLC follows the cancelation policy from each vendor. Additionally, while portions of your reservation/deposits may be refundable, once this contract is signed and agreed upon, a 20% service fee (included in the quoted rate) is non refundable.
Transportation Cancelation Policy:
When the Chartering Party notifies RISE Travel LLC in writing of the intent to cancel the charter agreement to be cancelled less than thirty (30) days prior to departure, then Chartering Party shall forfeit deposit amount. Should the agreement be cancelled on scheduled departure day, then Chartering Party shall forfeit fifty percent (50%) of price quoted from transportation vendor.
Lodging Cancelation Policy:
If cancellation of this booking becomes necessary, to avoid forfeiture of any deposits paid or payment of penalties (other than service fees), the RISE Travel LLC must receive written notification by ______________. As of this date any unused rooms will be released for general sale. This allows your guests ample time to make their reservations and the property to sell any rooms that you do not need.
These terms and conditions may be changed at any time at our sole discretion, without prior notice.
Hotel Guest Consideration Policy
Thank you for choosing RISE Travel LLC! To ensure that all our guests enjoy their experience with us, we ask you agree to abide by the following requests. We will be sure to enforce the policies, so your review and understanding of them is important.
These policies include, but are not limited to the following items:
· Room keys will only be issued to registered guests. No room keys will be distributed to youth under the age of 18 at any time.
· All children under the age of 18 must have adult supervision at all times.
· You are responsible for the registered guest that are associated with your party.
· Quiet curfew is from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM at the hotel; this will be strictly enforced.
· During quiet curfew, guest shall be particularly considerate and refrain from any conduct that could disturb others. These items include, but are not limited to the following: Running, shouting, slamming doors, roughhousing and inappropriate use of the elevators or fire alarms.
· No food or glass is permitted in the pool area. Drinks in a plastic container are permitted.
· All guests under the age of 18 year must be accompanied by an adult to utilize the fitness center and pool unless otherwise noted on amenity signage. Please also note the hours of operation for each of these amenities.
· There is a dress code for the food and beverage areas within the hotel. Shoes and shirt must be worn at all times.
· The hotel and all modes of transportation are 100% non-smoking facilities. Please smoke in designated smoking areas only. Fees will apply should smoking occur in unapproved areas.
· For your safety, the use of latches and/or dead bolts to keep the hotel doors open is discouraged. Doing so compromises your personal security.
Anyone in violation of the above items will be given a warning. Additional warnings may or may not be given based on the severity of the violation and is at management’s discretion. RISE Travel LLC, the transportation and lodging vendors each reserve the right to charge the guests cleaning or damage fees, or to evict guests without refund should they fail to comply with the above policies.
Should you have any questions regarding any of these items, please feel free to contact RISE Travel LLC or a member of management from the vendors, and we will be happy to assist you.